Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Daydreamer



"Daydreamer"
Oil 8"x10"

I really felt like painting tonight but am still procrastinating about finishing the mustang painting so.....this is a small, 1 hour study, taken from a picture I took of a friends horse. I should really consider doing a larger version since it turned out so pretty. The background I completely made up so I'm a little shocked it turned out this well. Must be my plein air practicing paying off? It feels nice to have something turn out once in a while so I'll take it!
I'm noticing that I am an excellent procrastinater. Instead of painting I can manage to burn up my time on the computer searching for art, or blogging (yes, I'm procrastinating right now!), or even deep cleaning my house - which lets face it is NOT usually my idea of a good time. Maybe I need to put aside the mustang for another year - or put it in the junk pile...? As I type that I still feel that that painting can be saved and should be finished. So we'll see what happens. I do have a strong desire to paint, so if I continue to avoid painting the mustang I'm going to just paint whatever else strikes me - like this napping, black Quarter Horse.....I'm at peace just looking at him....
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous painting!!!!:)

    Thank you SO much for your comment!! This is a VERY hard thing to do. The pic they want, she has glasses on, but they don't want the glasses. The pic is very pixelated and just in sienna colors. This may be the biggest test of my artistic talents!!!LOL

    I know I'll get it, I just feel bad because it's taking me SO long to get it done!!!!

    Pegi

    ReplyDelete